How to get started using the voice assistant that comes with the iPhone 13 from Apple
In order to utilize Siri on an iPhone, you will first need to configure Siri on your own iPhone. After everything is set up, say "Hey Siri," and then follow it with your query or command. It is possible that using Siri without an internet connection would not produce the desired results.
This article discusses how to use Siri on iPhone 13; the process is quite similar to using Siri on previous iPhones and works as described in the article. The methods that are outlined here will be successful on any iPhone that is running iOS 15, which was released alongside the iPhone 13.
Table Of Contents
In order to utilize Siri on your iPhone 13, you will first need to ensure that Siri is properly configured on your iPhone. On the iPhone 13, go to Settings > Siri & Search to begin configuring Siri.
If you want to access Siri by speaking to it, toggle on the Listen for "Hey Siri" setting. If you want to access Siri by pressing a button on the side of the device, flip on the Turn on Press Side Button for Siri setting.
Saying "Hey Siri" will bring up Siri and get your iPhone ready for you to ask a question or send out a command if it is listening for voice commands. If your iPhone is not listening for voice commands, saying "Hey Siri" will have no effect. It is important to talk clearly in close proximity to your iPhone, but you should also be aware that iPhones are often quite good at picking up sounds.
Put your iPhone in landscape mode if you wish to utilize Siri's voice control occasionally but not all the time. When you do this, the iPhone will not listen for the wake word that activates Siri.
The side button on the iPhone 13 is used to activate Siri using a button rather than by voice instead of using the microphone on the device. If you press and keep holding the button on the side, Siri will open. After that, you are free to inquire about anything you like or issue an order.
If you're using an older iPhone that's running iOS 15, the method is the same. However, if your iPhone has a home button, you'll need to press and hold it in order to access Siri on your device.
Siri is activated on iOS 15 in this example.
1. To activate Siri when using EarPods with the iPhone 13, tap and hold either the center button or the call button. You have the ability to reach Siri by just saying "Hey Siri" while wearing your AirPods if you are using iPhone 13 and AirPods together.
2. It's possible that you'll be able to press a button on your AirPods to contact Siri if you're using iPhone 13, but this will depend on the AirPods you're using. However, whatever button you press is determined by the model of AirPods that you have. Check the AirPods support page on Apple's website to check if Siri is compatible with them.
3. If you want to ask Siri another question or give her another command after you've already asked her a question or given her a command, you have two options: either hit the Listen button or speak "Hey Siri" again. You may immediately alter the wording of a request by tapping it on the screen, as well as using the Listen button to have it rephrased or to have a portion of it spelled out.
4. You may instruct Siri to take input through your keyboard rather than your voice by going to Settings > Accessibility > Siri and turning on the "Type to Siri" toggle. Once you launch Siri, you will see a text area that you may use to directly type in any queries or instructions you have for it.
5. Siri now has accessibility settings available in iOS 15.
How can I utilize the voice assistant Siri on my iPhone 12?
On the iPhone 12, navigate to Settings > Siri & Search to view the many choices for waking up and utilizing Siri. You may activate Siri either by speaking to it or by tapping the button on the side (or both). Choose the Allow Siri When Locked option if you want to make use of Siri without having to unlock your phone.
What are the steps to turn on Siri on my iPhone 11?
To activate Siri on your iPhone 11, tap and hold the button that is located on the right side of the device. Additionally, you may put your gadget to sleep or wake it up with the button on the side of the device. You may also say "Hey, Siri" by selecting Settings > Siri & Search > Listen for Hey Siri from the menu on your device's home screen.
One of the best ways to protect your phone physically is to have an iPhone 13 protective case. This can ensure that your gadget will be free from any scratches and dents and can fully protect it in case of fall.